Most people would agree that they would like to have a perfectly aligned smile. Fortunately, with modern dentistry treatments and technology, it is a reality for many people. Getting Invisalign in Katy Texas is a great alternative to traditional metal braces that offers a variety of benefits. But what if you’ve previously had braces? Is Invisalign a possibility for you as well? In this blog, we will discuss whether Invisalign after braces is a viable alternative.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is a teeth straightening technique that involves the use of a set of custom-made clear aligners to gradually force the teeth into their new positions. They are normally replaced every two weeks with a new set of aligners, allowing the teeth to move gradually over time. For the optimum benefits, they should be worn for at least 22 hours every day.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Here are just a few of the many advantages that Invisalign has over traditional metal braces:
- Simple Maintenance: It might be difficult to keep your smile clean when you have metal braces since food can easily become caught. Clear aligners, on the other hand, are removable and easily cleaned. This eliminates the need for patients to work around metal brackets and wires.
- Improved Appearance: The fact that Invisalign is almost invisible is what frequently convinces patients to try it. Metal brackets and wires on the front surface of your teeth are visible to everyone, making traditional braces unsuitable for adults. If you choose Invisalign, no one will be able to tell you are wearing aligners!
- No Eating Restrictions: Many people dread the thought of having to give up their favorite foods. This is not an issue with Invisalign. Because the trays are detachable, you can eat whatever you want as long as you remove the aligners first.
- More Comfortable: There is no way to straighten your teeth without some discomfort. However, Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces because it utilizes less pressure to shift your teeth into the proper positions.
- Effective: Invisalign can treat a wide range of alignment disorders including as overcrowding, underbites, overbites, crossbites, open bites, and gaps.
Can you get Invisalign after braces?
It is totally possible to obtain Invisalign after you have braces. Even after past orthodontic treatment, many people desire to keep working towards their ideal smile. Whether you weren’t very good about using your retainer the last time, or there’s anything else that needs to be repaired, Invisalign could be a terrific alternative for you! Simply contact us to see if you are a good candidate for the treatment.
Even if you’ve undergone past orthodontic treatment, Invisalign may still be able to help you achieve your teeth goals. Begin your consultation today to get started on the road to the smile of your dreams.
Call our Dentistry By RSE dental offices to make an appointment with a dentist who may be able to help you find out more about this topic, and improve your oral health.